Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Setting Up an Open Source Development Environment I

In this post, I will describe how to derive an agile development environment by using only open source tools with my choices. Further, I will explain how to configure this environment step by step. First of all, the most difficult part; selecting tools in the open source crowd. I preferred the most heard tools according to their futures and capabilities.
  • Source Revision Control; SVN (subversion) or GIT
  • Continuous Integration; Jenkins
  • Issue Management; Redmine
  • Agile Project Management; Backlogs extension for Redmine
Intent is to set up a slim, easily configurable, useful and agile development environment by considering quality issues.



The framework of the mentioned environment is visualized below;


Agile & Continuous Integration Development


No comments:

Post a Comment